It’s currently the 11th of January and the world is in chaos.
In other news, I recently got my wisdom teeth removed and my jawline has finally settled back to normal after several days of me resembling Buzz Lightyear. And school has resumed. YAY.
GOALS OF THE YEAR:
– Read 52 books this year. In short, I want to diversify all that I read: authors, genre, format.
– Cut down on my TBR. I was recently on Goodreads cutting down my TBR list and it’s now down from 300 to 150 books! It’s so easy to add books that I want-to-read, but it becomes overwhelming because I know I’ll never get to them by the fact I keep adding new books I discover… and new book releases. It’s a never ending cycle. This task is quite satisfying because, tbh, will I get to all these books? No. Do some of the books I added in the past no longer appeal to me? Yes. It’s best to focus on those books that you think you’ll enjoy most since there are so many out there.
– Practice my Spanish. I have this problem where I can’t speak Spanish fluently. I’ve been trying to fix that this past year. I even watched a whole show in Spanish, Money Heist, to immerse myself entertainment-wise which is something I haven’t done since cable television (it’s been awhile). Something challenging would be read one book in Spanish and let’s see how much I comprehend.
– Keep a journal. I was inspired by all these pretty journals I kept on seeing on TikTok and Youtube and bought two! One is going to be a reading journal. The other an idea’s journal. Vague, yes, but I was thinking don’t you ever have an idea that pops into your mind and you say you’re going to save it in your memory (for later) but the thought ends up evaporating before the end of the day? That happens all the time. Who knows what I was thinking about. Not me and my short term memory.
– Improve my writing/write something. You know what would be amazing? Writing a full-length novel. May not be practical for me, but a girl can dream.
– Post once a week. Because I have these moments where I feel inspired enough to write a post, except it’s just sections of a post. This leads me to having many half-done drafts.
Learn to make something other than pasta. 🍝 | Learn to play that electric guitar. 🎸 | Improve my vocals. 🎤🎶 | Maybe develop some style. 👗 | DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! ⏳ | Be more patient and positive. 😀 | Gain some confidence. 🙏 | Actually use the camera that has been sitting there, unused, for years. 🎥 | Do not get overly consumed on your phone. 🚫 | Try drawing/painting. 🖌 | Earn 💲. Save better. Walmart? | Go outside and breathe some fresh air. 🌎
How has your year gone so far? What are some of your goals for this year? What are you guys currently reading? My CR is The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue and I think I may just be ascending from my book slump, so yay!
And as always…